Let me introduce C-WATT module based on famous and unique british HIWATT® amps and combines two famous models.
This module offers two distinct modes, one is "DR" mode with gilmourish crystalic clean, other "CUSTOM" side of the moon offers sound of the amp used on the 1970 Royal Albert Hall performance by Led Zep, but with more gain inspired by newer CUSTOM series. Three switches affects three different parts of the circuit, for true-to-original settings but "inbetween" settings can bring interresting results too.
DR/custom switch upper left – gain boost
DR/Custom switch lower left – aka Normal/Brilliant switch
DR/ Custom switch upper right – EQ curve switch
Short description of C-Watt switches:
Left horizontal switch (pre bass):
- Affects amount of bass in front of preamp.
- DR position = full range
- Custom position = bass cut = tighter tone
- It also serves as brilliant/normal switch when all other switches are in DR position.
Left vertical switch:
- Additional gainstage = mora gain and saturation
- DR position = classic DR103 hiwatt circuit
- Custom position = added gainstage = more gain circuit of Hiwatt Custom Hi Gain
Right vertical switch:
- Changes EQ curve, adds lower mid
- DR position = classic DR103 hiwatt tonestack
- Custom position = hiwatt Hi-gain tibesrack with fatter tone and enhanced low mids
Some combinations of DR/Custom switches brings combinations not existung in any other amp. Feel free to combine switch settings according to your needs.